On November 29, 2010 I purchased at amazon.com a Nokia N8-00 cellphone U.S. Version with Warranty (Gray)

Order Placed: November 29, 2010

Amazon.com order number: 103-0783111-2974638

Order Total: $554.61

Items Ordered: Nokia N8 Unlocked GSM Touchscreen Phone with GPS Navigation, Voice Navigation, and 12 MP Camera - U.S. Version with Warranty (Gray)

Condition: New

IMEI: 352684045729683

Everything was going fine until January 28, 2011 when the phone just went out and stopped working. I tried to charge the phone, pressed the power button for 8 seconds and nothing happened.

The phone was just dead.

Before taking the phone to a Nokia Care Center, I decided to search the problem on the internet and found hundreds of complaints for the same problem at Nokia's website Forum from users all over the world.

I'm currently living in Brazil, so I took the phone to the local Nokia Care Center:

PLL Moema

Adress: Avenida Ibirapuera, 3407

City: São Paulo

Zip Code: 04029-200

Phone: +55 (11) 5093-7357

E-mail: sac.moema@grupopll.com

They said it was a software problem and that It's not covered by the warranty, because the phone was purchased in the United States! So they charged me BRL160.00 (US$ 90.00 approximately) to leave the phone working again. It's 15% of the phone's price! I paid a lot of money and expected a well-working Nokia.

Past 11 days after repair, I was using the phone to check my email and it stopped working again!

I have been using Nokia phones since many years. My last unit was a 5800 XpressMusic and never had this kind of problem. Tell me, how is it possible that a state of the art N8 phone is completely dead after only few days?

I always thought Nokia was the best phone brand. Now I don't know anymore…

What should I do to fix my phone?

Review about: Nokia Cell Phone.

Had an Experience with Nokia?

Comments